- Greenhouse gas emissions, contributing to climate change.
- Air pollutant emissions, damaging local environments and human health.
- Noise production, causing nuisance and affecting human health.
- Substantial land use requirements, fragmenting habitats and reducing biodiversity.
- Issues of traffic safety (including accident-related injuries).
Our field of operations is broad: from public transport to international aviation, and from diesel to biofuels, electric vehicles and hydrogen. As researchers, we translate technical and economic opportunities for improving environmental performance into concrete policy recommendations. As consultants, we are specialists in conceiving and designing policy tools like standards and charges, as well as on emissions trading and pricing policies. One of the key elements of this work is to assess the (cost-)effectiveness of policies. We have many years of experience in involving stakeholder organisations and working alongside them. We also regularly develop tools, dashboards and monitors for both government and industry.