- Electrical power supply
- Household and business energy systems
- Government policy instruments
I’ve been working on energy conservation and power supply issues since 1980. I graduated from Delft Technical University, majoring in electrical power supply. Since then I’ve gained considerable experience and expertise on the environmental aspects of the energy system and the policy tools available to government to promote energy conservation and clean energy.
I’ve been director of CE Delft since 1999 and thoroughly enjoy leading such a professional team. In this capacity I seek to achieve a balance between broad individual responsibility and freedom of action on the one hand and a clear business strategy on the other. This is the way to create projects with added value for the commissioning party and, in many cases, for society as a whole. My general management activities allow me to spend about a third of my time on such projects.
A special project is Green4sure, a comprehensive and well-considered package of policies with which the government can induce trade and industry and individual citizens to make energy-efficient and green choices in their day-to-day activities - and a way for the Netherlands to achieve a 50% reduction of CO2 emissions over the next 25 years.
- Energy Conservation Dossier
- What kind of new generating plant for the Netherlands?
- A strategy on climat-neutral fuels
- Structural energy conservation in the built environment
- Energy saving in the built environment
- ’Market & Environment’ in the built environment
- Energy-saving behaviour
- An Energy-Agri-Cluster as an alternative to the Zuiderzee rail link
- The greening of taxes and public finance
Options for municipal and provincial authorities
- Climate Change, Climate Policy
Background to parliamentary choices
- Bulb-growing: A Stakeholder study
- The future of the ‘Environment and Industry’ Target Group Policy*
- The nuclear landscape*
- EPL: an energy performance measure for industrial estates